As you all know, the Google Pixel 2 was released today, and it feels like the media is drooling over the phone, praising it all day long. The only problem is that this is so cringeworthy, I had to make a post.
Let me start by trashing the score from so-called camera rating company DXOMark. So, Google confirms the Pixel 2 phone has the best camera in the world because DXOMark says so. First of all, I’m not quite sure what makes DXOMark the worldwide standard for judging photo quality. The funny part is, a quick visit to the website reveals the following image; almost every firm that uses their service, including two android oriented news sources, bashes Apple for everything . Totally not fishy.
And Yes, Google removed the Pixel 2’s headphone jack this year. I agree with shifting audio to wireless, however the way Google did it is totally cringeworthy. Last year they made fun of Apple for removing the headphone jack on its iPhone. Almost every ad featured a jab at Apple about the headphone jack. Ironically, they removed the headphone jack this year hideously.
The crazy part is at least Apple took some time in its keynote last year to announce the removal of headphone jack with the reasons for it. Apple also includes earphones that work with the iPhone. Google doesn’t include earphones even though you are paying a premium price. Ironically, Google didn’t even let the audience know about the removal of the headphone jack. This shows why Apple is clearly a fan favorite, and Google basically made people fools by luring them in for a headphone jack. Obviously, you don’t see an outcry in the media about this, because it’s not Apple.
For anyone with half a brain can clearly see that there is actually no product vision for Google. They just blatantly copy Apple and try to hurt Apple’s sales. The only problem is Google makes inferior products compared to Apple. Here’s a simple comparison between original Apple products and 2017’s Google products.
Pixel 2 – iPhone 8
Motion Photos – Live Photos
Pixel buds – AirPods
Home Max – HomePod
Interestingly, if you compare the specs of Pixel buds, they probably are the most blatant copy of a product by a mainstream company I’ve ever seen in my entire life.
The following are a few reasons why the Pixel 2 is clearly an insult to the intelligence of a potential buyer. Also, remember the Pixel 2 came out a month after the iPhone 8.
- iPhone has wireless charging. Pixel 2 doesn’t.
- iPhone’s camera has legit portrait mode. Google doesn’t. (No, the software manipulation is not ideal.)
- iPhone is included with earphones. Pixel 2 isn’t.
- iPhone has iOS. Pixel 2 has Android.
- iPhone data will not be sold to the government, corporations and evil buyers. Pixel 2’s data… hmm you know the answer.
- iPhone doesn’t have ugly bezels. Pixel 2 does.
- iPhone doesn’t have a space wasting navigation bar on the screen. Pixel 2 does.
- Apple’s iPhone is made by Apple. Google’s Pixel 2 is made by HTC/LG.
- iPhone is a quality and stylish product. Pixel 2 isn’t.
- iPhone doesn’t have fingerprint sensor in the back. Pixel 2 does.
- iPhone is durable. Pixel 2 isn’t.
- iPhone has dual camera. Pixel 2 doesn’t.
- iPhone is priced because of it’s value. Pixel 2 is priced because of iPhone’s price.
There you go.