For most people it’s edgy and cool to criticize Apple for everything. There is a sense of ‘uniqueness’ by not using Apple products. It’s easy to label people Apple sheep who buys any of it’s product without second thought or alternative consideration.
Apple always tops the list in terms of brand loyalty and customer retention. Source
However few understand the core reason behind this enormous success of Apple. Hint: It’s in their caption “Think different”
I’ll give few points I notice no one ever talks about.
- Apple is richest company in history of mankind worth around $931 Billion. Can you guess how many billionaires the company produced? May be one person, that’s it – Art Levinson (It’s debatable as he has other sources of income and assets). Not even Steve Jobs, Tim Cook and many others. You might think why that’s a big deal. Can you name a major tech company that didn’t produce billionaires? It’s funny that there are tons of billionaires created from Apple’s supply chain but not from Apple. It seems Apple actually cares about R&D, company as whole including stockholders.
- In tech world, profits are primary motive for most companies, however Apple seem to not really care about personal wealth and focus on best products and customer satisfaction. Ironically money comes after them as a side effect of brand loyalty.
- They drive common sense technology innovation forward. Most people jump to attack Apple on any kind of move like removing headphone jack. However they might not remember that Apple was criticized for same behavior of removing Floppy Drives, CD ROMs, keypads on mobile phones.
- They withstand intense criticism and anti-bias of media/press/wall street, yet don’t care as they value only customer feedback. Especially Wall Street hates Apple, every time before Apple earnings report you can notice mysterious anti-apple news surfing on mainstream media. When is the last time you noticed anti-Amazon news on media/wall street? There are people in media that still say Amazon Fire Phone is one of the best innovations in smartphone industry. Source
- They seem to be the only company that actually care about Accessibility. Source
- They actually care about Individual Privacy. Remember infamous Apple vs FBI battle over privacy of a dead terrorist? Wherever your stance lies, you cannot ignore the fact after the incident FBI was actually hacked, imagine the phone unlocking system is out there for everyone to grab. Apple even threatened Uber over user privacy. One can only imagine the status of Android App privacy and Google’s measures to tackle them. (Hint: They don’t.) Source
Funny thing is most beloved companies actually work with many organizations that thwarts online privacy of individuals.
Amazon – Source
Google – Source
Facebook – No Source required, lol.
Let me know in case of any misinformation I provided above, I will stand corrected.
Here’s the a quote from Steve Jobs:
” Almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. ” – Steve Jobs
Everyone who is not dumb is aware of the importance of privacy. This post is not for idiots who say “I have nothing to hide, I don’t care about privacy.” This post is also not for those awesome people who know more about Kardashians than Edward Snowden. The craziest mass surveillance in entire history undertaken by one of the most powerful government organizations on the global population for more than 10 years didn’t prevent one single terrorist attack of any kind. Let that sink in. So the argument for ” I would risk my privacy for security” is invalid.
Another disclaimer is this post is gonna bash Google, so all the google and android fanboys need to take a deep breath. Remember, Google’s main source of income (like 96%) is selling you and your information. To add fuel to the flames, I would even say Apple is the only big company that helps the privacy cause as its main business is to sell products, not your information. Apple is also the only major company that has the balls to say NO to any government privacy killing tactics and their products have better security and privacy. Before you say anything about the iCloud fappening hack, NO, that didn’t happen because of an iCloud hack. Some dumb annoying celebrities (like Jennifer Lawrence) gave away their passwords to phishing emails. Also remember the Apple vs FBI battle over the locked iPhone? Do you think google would do that? Gimme a break. Speaking of the Apple vs FBI battle, I really don’t think the FBI needed Apple’s help to unlock the iPhone. In my opinion (and Edward Snowden’s), the FBI just wanted a legal precedent so that they could break into everyone’s phone (as if 99% of the information collected by the NSA is not enough).
I understand no guide will be a bulletproof way to protect privacy. However, these practices at least give you a better defense. I also want to offer a practical guide, so this guide is not about Debian operating systems, deep dark web techniques, etc. Ok, now let’s get to the guide in the form of the following bullet points:
- Use a good and trustworthy VPN (paid) that doesn’t log your online activity.
- Picture Google as your friend who sold you out. Seriously, Google is like a cancer to your privacy. I can feel your denial. Yes, Google was the best in 2006, now it’s a stage 4 cancer that is slowly marching you to your privacy death. Use DuckDuckGo, shut up and try it for a week, you won’t go back.
- Avoid Facebook and twitter completely (at least delete those stupid apps in your phone and log in via a browser for a limited time).
- Avoid Amazon like sulphuric acid (Shop local. Don’t buy their echo. It’s a private detective in your bedroom).
- Windows 10 is a stage 4 terminal cancer(with diabetes) to your privacy. Use any operating system other than windows. Mac OS X is definitely way better than windows for privacy (Hint: Microsoft sucks.)
- Avoid Anti-Virus software that is known to have evil policies, especially AVG and Avast. Install anti tracking and ad blocking browser extensions. Even better, use Linux or Mac OS X so that you don’t need an Anti-Virus software.
- Change the default search engine to duckduckgo.com in iOS settings and laptops and computers. (in iOS – settings – safari – search engine – select DuckDuckGo)
- Eliminate google chrome from all your devices and change the default browser to Firefox(Safari is way better than Chrome).
- Avoid Google Maps unless there is no option and it’s an emergency. Use apple maps alternatively (Yes, I know you read that apple maps is bad 4 years go, give it a try now).
- Slowly break away from Gmail. Yes, they analyze your email content constantly, and the icing on the cake is that they offer all the content to government organizations. Use Protonmail or ICloud email as alternatives.
- Use ICloud Pages instead of Microsoft word or Google docs, and iCloud numbers instead of google sheets or Microsoft excel.
- The bottom line is, in terms of privacy, Apple= Good. Microsoft=Bad. Google=Worst.
- Use iCloud drive instead of Google drive (did I mention google is worst?).
- Use cash or apple pay instead of credit or debit cards when possible.
- Avoid posting unnecessary, stupid, idiotic, non constructive posts on any forum, YouTube comments, and anywhere else. Also, if you have strong notions to post bullying and racist comments to some stranger online and that brings you satisfaction and happiness, you should seriously consider what you are doing with your life and take a deep look in the mirror.
- Repeat after me – Edward Snowden is the hero we need, but not the one that we deserve.
Everyone is surprised that Donald Trump won in this presidential election. However, unfortunately I predicted that’s what was gonna happen. Below are the reasons why I made that assumption and unfortunately I was right. I’m gonna go ahead and make a claim that Bernie Sanders would be president if only the Clinton campaign and DNC did not collude in an evil stupid plan to undermine his populism.
- Bradley effect. Most people are afraid to announce their support for Donald Trump in a similar way.
- DNC is single handedly gave White House to Donald Trump. Debbie Wassermann Schultz is a worst leader in the DNC history. In her watch Democratic Party lost many elections, despite that fact Obama did a blunder keeping her in charge of 2016 Democratic Primaries.
- DNC’s evil plan to limit number of debates in order to undermine Bernie Sanders, which helped Republican Party especially Donald Trump to gain spotlight with so many debates.
- Wikileaks proving how corrupt DNC colluding with Hillary Clinton.
- Independent voters grew significantly since 2012. The DNC and Hillary campaign colluded to bury Bernie Sanders while ignoring that very fact, which was a grave mistake.
- Media went to the utmost bottom of the septic tank, colluding with their financial interests and taking advantage of our partisanship.
- Media creating a platform for a narcissistic douche bag for the sake of ratings and essentially paving a path towards his presidential goal.
- Shy Trump voters.
- People from the USA have a stupid affection and lust towards douchebags and jerks. To give a perspective, the asshole from high school is more admired than the next Mark Zuckerberg from the same class.
- People assume rich people are gods even though most of them are pathetic and psychopaths.
- Racism is rampant in the Unites States whether in the form of overt or covert. NO, east coast racism is no different from Deep South racism, east coast people are just really good at hiding it.
- Polls are wrong all the time, especially when there is a wild card candidate. (for example: Ronald Reagan)
- People vote with emotion rather than logic and common sense.