If there is one thing you can do to improve the quality of your life, that’s discarding Cable TV. I would go ahead and say that you shouldn’t even own a TV, however that’s not the scope for this post.
Cable TV is a thing most people just indulge in whether they need or not, just because it is a social norm. Now, I understand how sports and tv shows are very important for some people. In my opinion, commercial sports and TV shows should be avoided, however that’s different topic. So, how can you watch your Sport events and TV shows? One word, streaming services. They are way cheaper and you don’t have to endure all those ads and brain washing propaganda. In case of movies, watching movies on cable TV is not a great idea. You probably would find many movies in those streaming services. If you really want to watch a particular movie, you can rent them pretty cheap. In case major events, youtube usually streams them for free, where you can further stream into TV.
By cutting down Cable TV , following are the great benefits by just doing that.
- You can avoid all those bullshit commercials and ads. There is a saying, if you are not paying for a product, maybe you are the product. However in the special case of Cable TV, you are paying for the service and you are also the product.
- You will be happier person, by avoiding pop culture and mainstream bullshit from all those two thousand TV channels.
- Gone are the days, where you just arrive from work and turn on TV and just waste way precious time. Now you can focus on working out, personal projects or just some silence. Trust me, you don’t need constant mindless entertainment all the time.
- You are doing yourself a great favor by avoiding mainstream media and news channels. You shouldn’t be getting news from those partial, unfair and unbalanced TV Channels anyway. You can always get your news from mobile or laptop, which are way better than most of TV Channels. Hint: Google News, Apple News.
- You can save a great amount of money. I’m not gonna talk about calculation and amount of money you would save a year. However, you get the idea of not having to pay a significant amount every month.
That’s all, just cut down cable TV and enjoy your free time, freedom and stress reduction.